ZELLER-L Archives

Archiver > ZELLER > 2003-04 > 1050102396

Subject: RE: Lopko / Zeller
Date: 11 Apr 2003 17:06:36 -0600

Surnames: Lopko, Hlopko, Mihalik, Zeller, Christian, Stott, McConnell, O'Donnell
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/an/BEYBAEB/77.263.1

Message Board Post:

Hi Jen -

This is Mary - we actually corresponded for a time in 2001 regarding Lopko.

There is a Josh Mihalik who you may also remember. Regarding John Lopko - There is a John lopko who is the great newphew of my grandfather George Lopko.

This is the lineage I have of the Lopko's starting with my grandfather (who passed in 1968): Home town beginning in Plymouth, PA outside of Scranton, PA:

George Lopko married to Mary Mihalik (yes, same as mine; yes closely related cousin of my paternal grandfather Andrew Mihalik, daughter of Frank Mihalik who was my Andrew Mihalik's first cousin). Six children. Lived in Mt. Carmel, PA.

Frank Lopko: wife Barbara, 1 daughter name unknown lived in Philadelphia, PA.

Stephen Lopko: Son Ambrose & Fr. John, Emma and Ruthie

Anna

Emma

Mary: Lived in Volant

Katie: stepsister, lived in Mt. Carmel, PA married to a Coleman.

Your connection may come in with Stephen Lopko. Stephen's son, Ambrose, had a son also named Ambrose and the other son's name was John (may also have been called 'Jay').

The second Ambrose married Millie. Ambrose & Miller are Josh Lopko's grandparents. This makes Josh and myself like , fifth cousins. The second Ambrose is my mother's second cousin (his father would be her first cousin).

We do not have any information on John, son of the second Ambrose. your John Lopko Sr. may be the brother we're looking for.

I do hope you receive this email! If so, please do respond.

Lastly, my second cousin on my mother's side's last name is Anders -- may be a connection. I know that it was American-ized and Emma's son has legally changed it back to it's original pronounciation. I'll try to find out more information.

This thread: