YORKSGEN-L Archives

Archiver > YORKSGEN > 2002-07 > 1026800390

From: "Pam Smith" <>
Subject: [YKS] CAPT. OATES
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 16:19:50 +1000

Dear Listers, Very many thanks to all those who answered my query about
Lawrence Edward Grace OATES, the Arctic explorer. Yorksgen (the best List
in Rootsweb) came up trumps again! Although born in Putney, I reckon him a
Yorkshireman, as the family were only temporary residents, and really
belonged to Leeds. I think I have thanked everyone individually, if not put
it down to the fact that I will be 80 on Saturday and am computer
illiterate. Can I impose on the List with another question? I asked my
daughter to get me two Directory CDs and the CDs for 1841 and 1891 Census
(I am too disabled to go on holiday now and spend my savings on Family
History Research) and received the following E-mail from her:
I wonder if you should ask the Yorksgen List what the difference is between
the 1841 YKS Census from S&N at 49.95 pounds and the 1841 Census with
separate WRY and
NRY/ERY from Stepping Stones at 29.95 and 24.95 pounds respectively---S.S.
charge 3.00 pounds EACH for postage to Australia whereas S&N don't appear to
charge postage "All CD prices are fully inclusive worldwide."
Advice please, anybody. Regards, Pam SMITH, Brisbane, Australia.

This thread: