YORKSGEN-L Archives

Archiver > YORKSGEN > 2002-07 > 1026551957

From: "Mel Towler" <>
Subject: Re: [YKS] CAPT. OATES
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 10:19:17 +0100

As a child I seem to recall an inscribed stone commemorating this famous man
on an entrance gate to The Hollies, Meanwood [close to the tennis courts,
near Hustlers Row]. Perhaps someone can confirm this? And maybe this was his
birthplace?

Mel Towler, Harrogate, North Yorkshire

Headstones in Yorkshire, www.headstones.tv
Dedicated to searching for Monumental Inscriptions for your family
Stray for Today complete listing,
www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/YKS/Misc/MIs/YKS/MelsStraysIndex.html