YORKSGEN-L Archives

Archiver > YORKSGEN > 2002-07 > 1026524973

From: "Pam Smith" <>
Subject: [YKS] CAPT. OATES
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 11:49:33 +1000

Dear Listers, I have searched the Internet with Google for Capt. Lawrence
Edward "Titus" OATES, who went on Capt Robert Falcon SCOTT's ill-fated 1912
Expedition to the Antarctic and left the hut with the casual remark: "I may
be some time", but despite a lot of links to articles about him have been
unable to find his birthplace, which I believe to be Yorkshire. No-one
answered my previous question to Yorksgen but surely Roy would know. I
think it was another journalist, my Grandfather, P.A. Representative for
Leeds, who told me when I was a child that Capt. OATES was a Yorkshireman.
Can anyone confirm this? Regards, Pam SMITH, Brisbane, Australia.

This thread: