WYATT-L Archives

Archiver > WYATT > 2002-04 > 1019348023

From: Don Perkins <>
Subject: Re: [WYATT-L] Wyatt, Sir Francis & Rowe WYATT
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 20:13:43 -0400

Bill: I have Samuel, William, his son, and John R., William's son,but
none of the rest of the descent you've mentioned. John R. Wyatt's
children are
Robert Craig Wyatt(1847-1935) m. Sarah Elizabeth Brown
James Thomas Wyatt (1854-1943) m. 1. Sallie Ann Gregory, 2. Mary Cox, &3.
Ordainy Mayfield(known as Dana)

Herman L Sharp,late of Lexington, Ky, adds 2 more children for John R.
Wyatt, mother unstated:
Jane Wyatt(1862- ) m. John Queenes
John S. Wyatt ( )

I came down through Samuel Wyatt, Sr.'s son Vincent, to Samuel B. to
Jesse W. , to William B. to my mother Gladys Wyatt. I have proven this
line with due diligence. That is, I took the information from family
members'records and then went to tax lists, cemetery records, Censuses,
church records, birth & death records, deeds, court records, military
records, wills, bible, marriage etc and proved them with primary source
documentation. I'm sure much of this information exists within the family
records, but can't pin down a specific line all the way without doing the
due diligence.

However, much of the family information on Samuel Wyatt, Sr. and Rebecca
A. Bennett and all their 16 children resides in the archives of the Knox
County Kentucky Kinfolk journal published in Louisville, Ky. You can
write KCKK at Knox County Genealogical Society, 2603 Aintree Way,
Louisville, Ky. 40220-1028. These folks are more than helpful.

One more thing: We know that Samuel Wyatt, Sr. was on the Greene Co., Tn.
Territory, N.C. tax list in 1783 and thereafter until Tn. became a State
in 1796.
I just discovered in my notes that Samuel Wyatt, Sr. is also listed as a
Rev. Soldier from Washington and Sullivan Counties, Tn. Territory, N.C.
from 1781 to 1783. Court Records. So this now covers his whereabouts from
1781 down. We still need to nail down his whereabouts from 1775 to 1780.
Probably an Indian fighter on the Appalacian frontier but nothing
definite yet.