WYATT-L Archives

Archiver > WYATT > 2002-04 > 1018510372

From: Don Perkins <>
Subject: Re: [WYATT-L] Wyatt, Sir Francis & Rowe WYATT
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 03:32:52 -0400

Ann: If you will take a look at Rowe Wyatt's birthdate 1746 and Samuel
Wyatt of Ky.'s birthdate 1755 then Samuel Wyatt b. 1755 cannot be the son
of Rowe Wyatt, who would have been 9 years old and not yet into puberty
when Samuel Wyatt 1755 was born. Sorry but this path has been discredited
unless someone can show that Rowe Wyatt was born about 10 years earlier!
Rowe did have a son Samuel but it was not the 1775 Samuel of Knox Co.,
Ky..
I think you will find that Samuel Wyatt 1755 who died July 1835 in Knox
Co. , Ky. more likely was born in Greenbrier Co., Va. in 1755, his family
slaughtered by Indians in 1757, Samuel taken captive at age 2 by the
Indians and not recovered from the Indians until age 16 (1771). He
married Rebecca Ann Bennett in Va. in 1775, Fought in the Va. militia and
in 1882 served in the N.C. Military with Rebecca's father, John Bennett.
Both were discharged in 1783 (I have their N.C.Military Specie
Certificates #603 & 607). They next showed up in 1783 in Greene Co., Tn.
Territory of N.C., Greeneville, where they had property. John Bennett
died there in 1808 (and Samuel Wyatt migrated with his son Samuel Wyatt
to Knox Co, Ky., confirmed by tax lists, land deeds, and a power of
attorney testifying the relationship of Rebecca Bennett to John Bennett
and Samuel Wyatt). Don Perkins<>