WVPENDLE-L Archives

Archiver > WVPENDLE > 2014-01 > 1390083671

From: sharon pratt <>
Subject: [WVPENDLE] Jacob Smith
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 14:21:11 -0800 (PST)

I do not want to step on anyone's toes, but I think Morton in his book is wrong on a marriage.
There was John and Susannah Smith (Hahn) and a John and Mary Smith (Simmons)  I guess
according to the census they both had sons Jacob in 1798.  One married Barbara Grogg and the
other married Elizabeth Davis. Norton said Jacob and Barbara were of the John and Mary (Simmons). (Wrong) In 1880 Mary was living with Jacob and Elizabeth.  Also if
you look at Jacob (married to Elizabeth) death certificate, you find his parents. John and Mary
(Simmons). According some Mormon records Jacob and Barbara were of John and Susannah
(Hahn).  I have done quit a bit of research on the Smith family, and have a few of John and
Susan's children and the proof.  Thank you for your time.

This thread: