Archiver > WVMINERA > 1999-02 > 0919546170

From: <>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 16:29:30 EST

I have a copy of Richard L. Armstrong's " 7th. Virginia Cavalry" of which two
of my
Mother's, Bane Family from Mineral County were members of. During the Civil
War this unit was in action many times with members of the 22nd. Pennsylvania
of which many of the members of the Bane Family from Washington County area of
Pennsylvania were members of including William "Pat " Bane, the " Greene
Giant " Who is said to have stood 7 feet 2 inches tall and was the tallest man
in the Union Army.
Many members of the 7th. were from Mineral and Hampshire County. If anyone
would like a lookup from this book on someone in their family who belonged to
this outfit I would be willing to check. Ron

This thread: