WVMARION-L Archives

Archiver > WVMARION > 2010-04 > 1270571946

From: Sara Pyle <>
Subject: Re: [WVMARION] Poor House
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 11:50:02 -0500

Pat, that is a lot of names but at first glance I did find in
Overseers of the Poor, Courthouse, 16 December 1867: In Lincoln
Twshp, an entry of $3.00 paid for medical services for S. McCRAY. In
another glance I found under Mannington Twnshp, that $2.50 was paid
for moving S. McCRAY to the poorhouse., also an additional $4.00 was
paid for McCRAY and $8.00 for moving the McCRAY family.

I have a lot of material to look through.

Is this the type of info you are looking for?

Sara

PYLE(S)/WATKINS,RICE,BOOHER, STERRETT/STARRETT and more

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 11:32 AM, <> wrote:
<shortened>
> So I guess you must do  Marion County genealogy  also. Does the Poor House
> book you have cover only  Marion Co.?  My main names are COX, MYERS, JONES,
> McCRAY.  Lots of  others but we will start there.  What names are you
> researching?   Never know when we have a match.  Were you born in that area?
> I also  have people at the Poor Farm in Allegany Co, MD or
> Hampshire/Mineral Co.,  VA/WV.  It was around Pinto, but I always forget it that is in VA/WV
> or  MD.
<shortened>

This thread: