WVHANCOC-L Archives

Archiver > WVHANCOC > 1999-02 > 0919730112

From: <>
Subject: Re: [WVHANCOC-L] Historic Chester Sites
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 19:35:12 EST

Dear Janet et al,
Thanks for the information about the Old Tin Mill in Chester. For those who
don't remember, it stood near where the Allison Elementary School now stands.
"Back in the day" when I was in about 5th or 6th grade, we had a class picnic
on the grounds. There was a small building that, I believe, the Kiwanis used
for meetings, and that is near where we sat for lunch. My father told me that
that building had once been used as a small hospital for the plant.

In the article about Chester High School, it said that the last graduating
class of Chester High School was 1962. Actually, it was the class of 1963 that
was graduated last. The following year, I was graduated from Oak Glen High
School in 1964, the first class.

This thread: