WV-CENSUS-LOOKUP-L Archives

Archiver > WV-CENSUS-LOOKUP > 2006-11 > 1164585958

From: JLH <>
Subject: Re: [WV-CENSUS-LOOKUP] John William Bowen
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 19:05:58 -0500

Hello Cathy,

Just in case, here's who appears to be the same family in the 1910...and in
1920 his sons are living next door/with him.

BOWEN, JOHN (1910 U.S. Census)
WEST VIRGINIA , ROANE, SMITHFIELD
Age: 60, Male, Race: WHITE, Born: NC
Series: T624 Roll: 1696 Page: 112

Dweling 77, family 77

Bowen, John, head, m, w, 60 M1, 35yrs, NC NC NC, Farmer/General Farm,
employer, rents farm # 69
" , Mary E., wife, f. w. 58, M1 35yrs, 8births/7living, WV WV WV
" ' , Howard W., son, m, w, 32, S, WV, Laborer odd jobs, for wage
" , Susan L., dau, f, w, 28, S, WV
" , Henry H, son, m, w, 26, S, WV, Laborer house farm
" , George W., son, m, w, 23, S, WV
" , Charles M., son, m, w, 20, S, WV
" , Roy J., son, m, w, 17, S, WV

BOWEN, JOHN (1920 U.S. Census)
WEST VIRGINIA , ROANE, SMITHFIELD
Age: 69, Male, Race: WHITE, Born: NC
Series: T625 Roll: 1971 Page: 179

Dwelling 60, family 60

Bowen, George W., head, owns free, m, w, 33, M, WV NC WV, Driller/Oil Field,
for wage
" , Nesta A., wife, f, w, 23, M, WV WV WV
" , Ernesine, f, w, 1 8/12, S WV WV WV
Drake, Anna, mother in law, f, w, 42, Wd, WV WV WV

Farm Dwelling 61, family 61

Bowen John, head, owns free, m, w, 69, M, NC NC NC, Farmer/home farm
" , Mary E., wifem f, w, 68, M, WV MA US
" , Susan, dau, f, w, 37, S, WV NC WV
" , Roy J., son, m, w, 27, S, WV NC WV, Farm laborer/home farm

Farm dwelling 61, family 62,

Bowen, Charles M., head, owns free, m, w, 31, M, WV NC WV, Farm laborer/home
farm
" , May, wife, f, w, 23, M, WV WV WV
" , Axeleen B., dau, f, w, 1 8/12, S, WV WV WV

Jennifer