WV-CENSUS-LOOKUP-L Archives

Archiver > WV-CENSUS-LOOKUP > 2006-11 > 1164584891

From: JLH <>
Subject: Re: [WV-CENSUS-LOOKUP] John William Bowen
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 18:48:11 -0500

Hello Cathy,

Here's a John Bowen that might fit the age, birthplace, marriage
years....have no idea why HQ has him indexed as "Indian" it is clearly a "W"
in col 6 for race.

BOWEN, JOHN (1900 U.S. Census)
WEST VIRGINIA , ROANE, SMITHFIELD DIST
Age: 50, Male, Race: INDIAN, Born: NC
Series: T623 Roll: 1772 Page: 125

Dwelling 99, family 99

Cotrell, Henry ?, head, w, m, Sept 1872, 21, M 2yrs, WV WV WV, Farmer, Rents
farm # 98
" , Irene ?., wife, w, f, Aug 1878, 21, M, 2yrs, 1birth/1 living, WV
NC WV
" , John S., son, w, m, Oct 1898, 1, S, WV WV WV
Bowen, John, F in Law, w, m, Oct 1850, 59, M 25yrs, NC NC NC, Farm Laborer,
" Elizabeth, M in Law, w, f, June 1857, 48, M, 25 yrs ,
8births/7living, WV MA VA
" , Susan C., sister in law, w, f, Aug 1880, 19, S, WV NC WV
" , Henry K., brother in law, w, m, June 1883, 16, S, WV NC WV, Farm
Laborer, not employed 4 mos, attended school 2 mos
" , George W., brother in law, w, m, Jun 1887, 12, S, WV NC WV, Farm
Laborer, 4 mos not empld, attended school 2 mos
" , Charles, brother in law, w, m, May 1898, 12, S, WV NC WV, Farm
laborer, ? not empld, attended school 4 mos
" , Roy, brother in law, w, m, July 1890, 9, S, WV NC WV, attended
school 4 mos.

Jennifer