WOODY-SURNAME-L Archives

Archiver > WOODY-SURNAME > 2012-06 > 1340054271

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [WOODY-SURNAME] John Woodys in Georgia
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 21:17:51 -0000

Author: awrapkin
Surnames: Woody
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.woody/122.124.141.2.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

I think the book that I have was trying to "overlook" the out of wedlock because it makes no sense. We know that Papa Woody was born out of wedlock, something he was most ashamed of, so it was never ever mentioned and hardly anyone knew it until his last years.

So the book I have has Tobias born 1805 from a William Woody and _______ . So I assume he married Catherine _______. Then my book shows they gave birth to another Tobias who married a Mary E. (Elizabeth) Dockery who is listed as the mother of my grandfather Urbanus. So is the Mary E. Dockery listed really Elizabeth Woody? And do you know who the father(s) of her children were?

Do you go to the reunions? I haven't been in 20 years but I will try to go this year.

Alesia Woody Rapkin

Important Note: