WITMER-L Archives

Archiver > WITMER > 2000-04 > 0956847992

From: Shaaron Grogan-Sheahan <>
Subject: [Witmer] Johan Christian Witmer -Wife's name
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 08:06:32 -0700

Posted on: WITMER Queries
Board URL: http://cgi.rootsweb.com/~genbbs/genbbs.cgi/surnames/w/i/WITMER/queries?read=5

Surname: Johan Christian Witmer
-------------------------

I am a descendant of Johan Christian Witmer. In a book by Roy Spaetzel,
The History and Genealogy of the Witmer Family, 1977, Roy states that Johan
Christian arrived at Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on September 30, 1754.
He came with his younger brother, Johnan Jacob Witmer. Johan Christian
lived and framed in Donegal Twp. in Pennsylvania the father of many children.
Roy indicates that the name of his wife is unknown.

One of his sons, Abraham, born in 1767 and emigrated to Preston, Ontario,
Canada some time between 1800 and 1804 with his second wife, Anna Eversole.
His first wife was Anna Steiman. She died leaving three children.

Abraham's son, Abraham married Catherine Groh and they had many children
one of whom was John Witmer married to Hannah Funk. One of their sons was
Wellington William Witmer, my great grandfather. He married Margaret Mary
Murphy, producing a son John and a daughter Agnes (Witmer) Picknell. Agnes
and her husband Albert Victor Picknell had two children, Victor - my uncle,
and Dorothy Picknell Grogan, my mother.

I received a genealogy of the Baumann family and in that genealogy Johan
Christian Wit(t)mer's wife was said to be "Eva Fritzinger"

This thread: