WITHEY-L Archives

Archiver > WITHEY > 2005-12 > 1133734059

Subject: Re: WITHEY. WILLIAM. LONDON UK
Date: 4 Dec 2005 15:07:39 -0700

Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/FlWBAEB/54.1.1.1.1

Message Board Post:

Hello Carole
I was very pleased to read your reply. I had thought before that there may have been a link with Walter William and Mary Quaif and my husband Dave's family, as the names of the children were so similar and recurred in our Withey line. George James was Dave's great great grandfather. His son Ermest Benjamin married Charlotte Lewer, and their son Ernest Benjamin was Dave's grandfather.

We have found out quite a bit about the Witheys and have some photos of Ernest William. Perhaps I can contact you directly and attach some files and we may be able to fill in a few gaps.

We know George James was married twice but nothing about his first wife yet. We have traced George James back to his parents George and Mary Ann Brown ( but know very little about Mary Ann Brown) and then back to William and Elizabeth, from George's baptism at Colchester in 1802.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Maureen

This thread: