WITHERINGTON-L Archives

Archiver > WITHERINGTON > 2000-11 > 0975294707

From: "Jack Butler" <>
Subject: Re: [Witherington] FTM Book Club 2 month membership Witherington
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 22:11:47 -0500

Both a William and a John Witherington are in Montgomery Co in 1820 - 1824.
They are both on the census in 1820 and on the Tax rolls in 1824.

There is also a significant need to know who the place called Witherington
Bluff (30 miles S. of Augusta on the Savannah River) was named after. That
person clearly was in place prior to the location name being used in the
1744 property claim.

Jack