WIRICHLA-L Archives

Archiver > WIRICHLA > 2007-05 > 1179803220

From: "Barbara Lance" <>
Subject: [WIRICHLA] Civil War Medal
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 20:07:00 -0700

I wonder if anyone can help me? I have a picture of my great-grandfather,
who fought in the Civil War with the 11th Regiment, Wisconsin Infantry, Co.
D. In the picture he is wearing a medal, but it's fuzzy and I can' t tell
what it is. At the top is a rectangle, with a ribbon hanging down about 2
inches. From the ribbon is suspended an upside-down star. The star is
either plain, or too fuzzy to show any detail. Also, the ribbon has 6
vertical white pinstripes down the center.

Any idea what kind of medal this is?

Thanks!

B. Lance

Make every IM count. Download Messenger and join the im Initiative now.
Its free. http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=TAGHM_MAY07

This thread: