WINANS-L Archives

Archiver > WINANS > 2006-11 > 1162666794

From: Wayne Preston <>
Subject: Re: [WINANS] Winans family tree
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 10:59:54 -0800

Hi All: My Winans line comes from the Netherlands in 1640. The
original American ancestor, as far as I know was John (Jon) Winans
(my 7G Grandfather) who married Susanna Melyn who's father was
Cornelius Meyln from the Parish of St. Walburga, Antwerp. Cornelius's
father was Andre Melyn of Antwerp. Jon and Susanna married 25 Aug,
1664 in New Haven, Conn. Andre was my 9G Grandfather. I will confess
this is data from my cousin who for nearly 40 years was as near to
being a professional genealogist as one could get without being one.
I am most willing to share what I have on the Winans line. Wayne
Preston in sunny Southern California