WILTSHIRE-EMI-L ArchivesArchiver > WILTSHIRE-EMI > 1997-11 > 0880648049
From: Ken Titt <>
Subject: HEAL, Edward Merewether; WIL, ENG; 1770-1813
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 10:27:29 -0600
I am seeking information on the following:
Edward Merewether HEAL, of Tisbury, Wiltshire, emigrated to Prince
Edward Island, Canada, possibly via Newfoundland, about 1813; baptized 3
Apr 1770 at Mere, Wil, son of William HEAL and Anne MEREWETHER; married
about 1794, probably in Wiltshire, to Eliza (possibly WITHERS), born
about 1772 in England. Edward died 16 Sep 1824 at S. Eleanors, PEI.
Eliza died 18 Aug 1859 at St. Eleanors.
1. Mary Anne Withers HEAL, b. abt 1795, possibly Tisbury, Wil; m. 1 May
1824, PEI, to Charles POPE; d. 11 Jan 1879, St. Eleanors, PEI.
2. Harriet Withers HEAL, b. about 1800, possibly Tisbury, Wil; m. 31 Mar
1821, PEI, to James CRASWELL, PEI; d. 25 Feb 1882, St. Eleanors, PEI.
3. Eliza HEAL, b. about 1803, possibly Tisbury, Wil; m. 22 Oct 1823, to
4. Penelope Sophia HEAL, b. about 1811, possibly Tisbury, Wil; d. 30 Aug
1895, St. Eleanors, PEI, unmarried.
5. Edward M. HEAL, b. about 1817, Newfoundland or PEI; merchant, moved
I am particularly interested in finding out all I possibly can regarding
the marriage of Edward Merewether HEAL and Eliza WITHERS (?). Please
email me directly at:
Thank you for taking the time to read this.