WILLE-L Archives

Archiver > WILLE > 2002-06 > 1023336217

Subject: [WILLE] Re: Wille Family; Hanover Germany; New Orleans
Date: 5 Jun 2002 22:03:37 -0600

Surnames: Wille, Meyer, Brandenberg
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/an/YYWBAEB/13.22.30

Message Board Post:

My great-grandmother Augusta Wille was born in Hanover in April 1860. She married John Meyer and immigrated to the U.S. in 1890 and initially settled in Jersey City, NJ, before moving on to Mansfield, Illinois and then Chassell, Michigan. The reason this posting caught my eye is that my Dad tells me that John and Augusta's oldest daughter Augustine (aka Gussie) had a son named George (Brandenberg) born about 1902 who moved to Louisiana. We have wondered if there was a family connection that caused this to take place and seeing these postings has raised my curiosity as to whether there might be a connection here.

This thread: