WILHITE-L Archives

Archiver > WILHITE > 2001-02 > 0982560261

From: "Thelma Wisecarver" <>
Subject: Re: [WILHITE] J.D. Ricker Obit
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 00:24:21 -0500

Hi Lynne,
Don't know Florence's maiden name...just have that she married Jerome
Wilhoit. I don't even know who Jerome's parent's are...here is all that I
have on this family...
Sorry, I can't be of more help too you...
Thelma
Descendants of Jerome Wilhoit

Generation No. 1

1. JEROME1 WILHOIT1. He married FLORENCE.

Children of JEROME WILHOIT and FLORENCE are:

2. i. YETEVA2 WILHOIT, b. 1928, Greene County, Tennessee; d. May 14, 1998,
Greene County, Tennessee - Buried at Mt. Hebron Church Cemetery.

ii. RAY WILHOIT.

iii. VIVIAN WILHOIT, m. CARROL WOODS.

iv. DORIS WILHOIT, m. GENE SHELTON.

v. BRENDA WILHOIT, m. WINSTON TWEED.

vi. PEGGY WILHOIT, m. JIM FOX.

vii. PATSY WILHOIT, m. BOYD FOX.

3. viii. JACKIE WILHOIT.

4. ix. RUBY ELLA WILHOIT, b. 1930, Greene County, Tennessee; d. October 21,
1998, Greeneville, Greene County, Tennessee - Mount Hebron Cemetery.

Generation No. 2

2. YETEVA2 WILHOIT (JEROME1)2 was born 1928 in Greene County, Tennessee, and
died May 14, 1998 in Greene County, Tennessee - Buried at Mt. Hebron Church
Cemetery. She married ROBERT H. WILLS. He died Unknown.

Notes for YETEVA WILHOIT:

Yeteva Wilhoit Wills

Died: 5/14/98

Yeteva Wills, 70, of Jim Fox Road, died Thursday evening, May 14, 1998, at
her home.

Mrs. Wills was a homemaker and attended Middle Creek Church of God.

She was a daughter of the late Jerome and Florence Wilhoit and the widow of
Robert H. Wills.

Survivors include three sons and a daughter-in-law: Robert H. Wills Jr., and
his wife, Marlene Wills, Michael Wills, and Phillip Brockwell, all of
Greeneville; two daughters and sons-in-law: Judy and Jack Brockwell of
Greeneville and Cindy and Tim Fillers of Afton; seven grandchildren and a
special granddaughter-in-law: April Wills, Nancy Wills, Bobby Wills, Skyler
Fillers, Jessica Tweed, Tonya Ricker, and Bryan and Angie Wills; a
great-granddaughter: Kiela Wills; two stepgrandsons: Bronson Ricker and
Jackie Ricker; a brother: Ray Wilhoit of Greeneville; seven sisters and six
brothers-in-law: Vivian and Carrol Woods, Doris and Gene Shelton, Brenda and
Winston Tweed, Peggy and Jim Fox, Patsy and Boyd Fox, Jackie and Furman
Cutshall, and Ruby Ricker; several nieces and nephews; special friends,
Kevin, Wendy, and Erin Wilder, and a special former daughter-in-law: Kathy
Sparks of Greeneville.

She was preceded in death by a son: Terry Wills.

The family will receive friends from 7-9 this evening and Saturday evening
at Kiser Funeral Home.

The funeral service will be held at 2 o'clock Sunday afternoon at Kiser
Funeral Chapel with interment in Mount Hebron Cemetery. The Rev. Rick Parvin
and the Rev. Robert Johnson will officiate.

Active pallbearers will be Leonard Kirkpatrick, Terry Kirkpatrick, Jeff
Tweed, Shane Tweed, Tony Fox, and Billy Lynn Freeman.

Honorary pallbearers will be Dr. Michael Hartsell, Dr. John Boys, Rex
Wilhoit, Allen Wilhoit, Danny Wilhoit, Randy Fox, Jeff Renner, and Chris
Darnell.

More About YETEVA WILHOIT:

Fact 1: Yeteva was a homemaker and attended Middle Creek Church of God.

Children of YETEVA WILHOIT and ROBERT WILLS are:

i. TERRY3 WILLS, d. Unknown.

ii. ROBERT H. WILLS, JR., m. MARLENE.

iii. MICHAEL WILLS.

iv. JUDY WILLS, m. JACK BROCKWELL.

5. v. CINDY WILLS.

3. JACKIE2 WILHOIT (JEROME1) She married FURMAN CUTSHALL/CUTSHAW, son of
FOWLER CUTSHALL/CUTSHAW and KATE WALDROP.

Child of JACKIE WILHOIT and FURMAN CUTSHALL/CUTSHAW is:

i. CAROLYN3 CUTSHALL/CUTSHAW, m. (1) ? HUX; m. (2) WADE THORNBURG, July 17,
1999, Greeneville, Greene County, Tennessee - at Mt. Bethel Baptist Church.

More About WADE THORNBURG and CAROLYN CUTSHALL/CUTSHAW:

Marriage: July 17, 1999, Greeneville, Greene County, Tennessee - at Mt.
Bethel Baptist Church

4. RUBY ELLA2 WILHOIT (JEROME1) was born 1930 in Greene County, Tennessee,
and died October 21, 1998 in Greeneville, Greene County, Tennessee - Mount
Hebron Cemetery. She married DECATUR C. RICKER, JR., son of DECATUR RICKER
and MAGGIE BURGNER. He was born Abt. 1930 in Greene County, Tennessee.

Notes for RUBY ELLA WILHOIT:

Obituaries

Ruby Ella Wilhoit Ricker

Died: 10/21/98

Ruby Ella Wilhoit Ricker, 68, of Sunny Meadow Lane, the Sunnyside community,
died Wednesday evening at Takoma Adventist Hospital after an extended
illness.

Mrs. Ricker was a homemaker, whom the family said was loved by all who knew
her.

Survivors include three daughters and two sons-in-law: Mary Sue Payne,
Phyllis and Jim Malone, and Sandra and Jerry Smith, all of Greeneville; a
son and daughter-in-law: J.D. and Patsy Ricker of Morristown; nine
grandchildren: Annette Payne, Rhonda Ricker Huff, Tina Payne Thornburg,
Eddie Malone, Tommy Payne, Ricky Malone, Jamie Ricker, Nathan Ricker, and
Misty Smith Hensley; three great-grandchildren: Trevor Hensley, Jordan
Ricker, and Courtney Ricker; six sisters and brothers-in-law: Peggy and Jim
Fox, Pat and Boyd Fox, Doris and Gene Shelton, Vivian and Carol Wood, Sue
and Winston Tweed, and Jackie and Furman Cutshaw, all of Greeneville; a
brother: Ray Wilhoit of Greeneville; several nieces and nephews; and special
friends: Debbie Brock, Brian Huff, Marty Hensley, Tracy Fillers, Rita
Malone, Jennifer Price, Michael Thornburg, Crystal Ricker, Veronica Ricker,
and Gene and Alta Cannon and family.

She was a daughter of the late Jerome and Florence Wilhoit and was preceded
in death by a son: Steve Ricker; two grandchildren; and a sister: Yeteva
Wills.

The family will receive friends from 7-9 this evening and Friday evening at
Kiser Funeral Home. The funeral service will be held at 2 o'clock Saturday
afternoon at Kiser Funeral Chapel with interment in Mount Hebron Cemetery.
Gene Cannon, pastor, will officiate.

Active pallbearers will be Jeff Tweed, Shane Tweed, Will Walsh, Tony Fox,
Leonard Kirkpatrick, and Monty Kirkpatrick.

Honorary pallbearers will be Brian Gridley, David Dean, Dr. Michael Odell,
Dr. John Shaw, George Payne, Michael Wills, and Chris Darnell.

More About RUBY ELLA WILHOIT:

Burial: Mount Hebron Cemetery, Greene County, Tennessee

Children of RUBY WILHOIT and DECATUR RICKER are:

i. SANDRA3 RICKER, b. Greene County, Tennessee; m. JERRY SMITH.

ii. MARY SUE RICKER, b. 1949, Greene County, Tennessee; m. GEORGE F. PAYNE,
JR., June 24, 1967, Greene County, Tennessee - Record # 6801; b. 1948.

More About GEORGE PAYNE and MARY RICKER:

Marriage: June 24, 1967, Greene County, Tennessee - Record # 6801

iii. PHYLLIS RICKER, b. Greene County, Tennessee; m. JIM MALONE.

6. iv. J.D. RICKER, b. Abt. 1952, Greene County, Tennessee; d. February 11,
2001, Morristown, Hamblen County, Tennessee - Mount Hebron Cemetery.

v. STEVE RICKER, b. Greene County, Tennessee; d. Unknown.

Generation No. 3

5. CINDY3 WILLS (YETEVA2 WILHOIT, JEROME1) She married TIM FILLERS.

Child of CINDY WILLS and TIM FILLERS is:

i. SKYLER4 FILLERS.

6. J.D.3 RICKER (RUBY ELLA2 WILHOIT, JEROME1) was born Abt. 1952 in Greene
County, Tennessee, and died February 11, 2001 in Morristown, Hamblen County,
Tennessee - Mount Hebron Cemetery. He married PATSY MALONE Abt. 1971.

More About J.D. RICKER:

Burial: Mount Hebron Cemetery, Greene County, Tennessee

More About J.D. RICKER and PATSY MALONE:

Marriage: Abt. 1971

Children of J.D. RICKER and PATSY MALONE are:

i. RHONDA4 RICKER, b. Greeneville, Greene County, Tennessee; m. BRIAN HUFF.

7. ii. NATHAN RICKER, b. Greeneville, Greene County, Tennessee.

Generation No. 4

7. NATHAN4 RICKER (J.D.3, RUBY ELLA2 WILHOIT, JEROME1) was born in
Greeneville, Greene County, Tennessee. He married VERONICA.

Children of NATHAN RICKER and VERONICA are:

i. COURTNEY5 RICKER.

ii. MEGHAN RICKER.

Endnotes

1.Thelma Waddell Wisecarver - Family Historian - This was all typed by:
Thelma Waddell Wisecarver, Information from: A-6 The Greeneville Sun
Obituary Column - Friday, May 15, 1998, She is survived by seven
grandchildren and a special granddaughter-in-law: April Wills, Bobby Wills,