WIFONDDU-L Archives

Archiver > WIFONDDU > 2007-10 > 1191375807

From: ,
Subject: Re: [WIFONDDU] Need obit on Adolph Georg(e) DOD 9/4/1877
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 01:43:27 -0000

Author: KBCUNNING
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.wisconsin.counties.fonddulac/4105.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Sandy,

I don't have access to obituaries but I did run him through a couple of databases after I saw your note. I'm not sure what particular information about him you're seeking from the obit. But, having seen the 1870 census listing for the man I'm assuming was your Adolph George, in FDL with his wife Hannah and their 6 kids in Fond du Lac, I matched his age to that of arriving immigrant Adolph Georg (b. 1830) arriving at NY harbor with his (birth) family on Jan. 16, 1854. The note on their immigration entry said "heading to Wisconsin." The rest of the then 24 yr old Adolph's family members on the ship were Johan Georg, age 59-farmer, Wilhelm Georg (20), Margarite Georg (21), Anna M.E. Georg (27) and 9 month old Emilie. Perhaps that Adolph's brother Wilhelm and Margarite were husband and wife and the parents of Emilie. Anyway, just thought that, if you didn't have that info, it might be of help.

Dinner's done cooking so will stop playing now ~:-)

KC

Important Note: