WIFONDDU-L Archives

Archiver > WIFONDDU > 2003-06 > 1055514290

From: "Claudia" <>
Subject: [wifonddu] Fw: volunteer help
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 09:25:11 -0500

Just an FYI for everyone. Tom Bakken has offered to do lookups at the Historical Soc. in Madison WI.

Subject: Re: volunteer help

Wisconsin Vital Records at the Wisconsin State Historical Society

I will be able to obtain copies of birth, death, and marriage certificates of the individual as listed below. For birth/death/marriage certificates before 30 Sept 1907, I charge $2.00 per individual. If requesting a death certificate, I will lookup an obituary of the individual, if possible.

Any record after 30 Sept 1907 will be limted. If a death, birth, or marriage certificate is needed after 30 Sept 1907, a service fee of $8.00 will apply for each birth or death certificate. All certificates that I obtain will be uncertified. Wisconsin state law differs from the state of Minnesota in access to birth and death certificates after 30 Sept 1907. For further information visit: http://www.dhfs.state.wi.us/VitalRecords/index.htm

My guidelines are as follows: Limit of 3 individuals. If requesting a birth or death certificate before 30 Sept 1907, give full name of individual. Please include county/city of birth or death, if possible. If requesting a marriage certificate, please include both bride and groom names.

If requesting a birth or death certificate after 30 Sept 1907, give full name and date of birth or death. If possible, list the county/city of death. For marriages after 30 Sept 1907, give bride and groom names, date, and county of marriage. I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Record Holdings Indexes
Births 1852-September 30, 1907 by name or date
Marriages 1836-September 30, 1907 by name (groom & bride)-partial
Deaths 1852-September 30, 1907 by name

After September 30, 1907
The Society Library does not own any Wisconsin vital records dated after September 30, 1907. We do have a small microfiche collection of indexes to some post 1907 Wisconsin vital records. These indexes include the following:

Record Years Indexed by
Marriages 1973-78 groom & bride
1979-97 groom & bride
1979 (City of Milwaukee) groom & bride
Divorces 1965-78 (except 1966) husband & wife
1979-83 husband & wife
1980-84 husband only
Deaths 1959-67 & 1969-79 surname
1979-97 surname