WHITING-L Archives

Archiver > WHITING > 2002-09 > 1030998782

From: "Bill Barber" <>
Subject: Re: [WHITING] Re: Memoir of Rev. Samuel Whiting
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 16:33:02 -0400

Joy and Chuck,

That sounds like a great Christmas present!

I have also been informed by Brenda Hare, that there is a great article on
one of Rev. Samuel's descendant line, "The Whitings of Fryeburg, Maine" on
p. 230-232 of "The American Genealogist", July 1940 issue. This also
references Rev. Samuel, born at Boston, Lincolnshire, England on 20 November
1597, son of John, mayor of that city. Several lines are referenced
including:

1. John Whiting, b. 1759 in Billerica, MA, married in Conway, NH
2. Joshua, b, 1760 in Billerica, MA, married in Fryeburg, ME
3. Oliver, b. 1761 in Billerica, MA...married in Amherst, NH.

Bill Barber