WEBB-L Archives

Archiver > WEBB > 2008-02 > 1203546451

Subject: Re: [WEBB] WEBB Digest, Vol 3, Issue 15
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 17:27:31 EST

Anne,
I am also very interested in this line and would like to know if it has been
tested.

Carol

In a message dated 2/20/2008 2:20:04 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
writes:

Hi Anne,

I'd be interested in this line too... esp if it is on the dna
project... namely for hat "had brother joseph" part plus I have a dodson
line. and NC plays a part in all my lines

It's at least mildly interesting...

Shari

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 2:02 AM, <> wrote:

> [...]
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 23:05:46 EST
> Subject: Re: [WEBB] William Webb and Martha Floyd
>

> In a message dated 2/17/2008 11:58:42 P.M. Central Standard Time,
> writes:
>
> Does anyone have names for the children of William Webb and Martha Floyd
> of
> Stokes Co. and Patrick Co.?
>
> Are these Webb's in the DNA project?
>

> a WEBSITE gives the following children. I cannot vouch for its accuracy,
> and this is not my line
>
> Had brother Joseph. Married William Webb, II. Webb Children: Born in
> Surry/Stokes Co., NC: Frances 'Frankey'b. 18 Feb. 1780; John b. 17 Feb.
> 1782;
> Elizabeth 'Betsy' b. 30 Nov. 1783; Martha 'Patsy' b. 17 Oct. 1785; Phebe
> b. 17 Feb.
> 1788; Mary 'Polly' b. 27 July 1790; William, III, b. 18 Sep. 1792; Floyd
> b.
> 16 Nov. 1794; Winifred 'Winney' b. 3 Nov. 1796; Sarah 'Sally' b. 30 Jan.
> 1799
> _http://www.halcyondays.com/Floyd/floyd_family_lines.asp_
> (http://www.halcyondays.com/Floyd/floyd_family_lines.asp)
>
> >From my database of WEBB references in North Carolina before 1850, I have
> the following:
>
> 1782 William Webb Martha NLT 1761 NC Surry 05/14/1782
> Surry NC DBB 178 William Webb & Wf Martha to Daniel Hutcherson, Halifax
> Co, VA
> 300 pds VA money 640 A mouth Mountain branch s/ William Webb Wit; Reuben
> Dodson John Farmer, John Shelton. According to
> http://www.halcyondays.com/floyd/FloydFamilyLinesDetails.asp?FLID=52, This
> is probably Martha Floyd. Martha
> Floyd md. ca 1779 in Va/NC
> Had brother Joseph. Married William Webb, II. Webb Children: Born in
> Surry/Stokes Co., NC: Frances 'Frankey'b. 18 Feb. 1780; John b. 17 Feb.
> 1782;
> Elizabeth 'Betsy' b. 30 Nov. 1783; Martha 'Patsy' b. 17 Oct. 1785; Phebe
> b. 17 Feb.
> 1788; Mary 'Polly' b. 27 July 1790; William, III, b. 18 Sep. 1792; Floyd
> b.
> 16 Nov. 1794; Winifred 'Winney' b. 3 Nov. 1796; Sarah 'Sally' b. 30 Jan.
> 1799
>

> 1793 Wm Webb NLT 1772 NC Stokes bought 450 A of land
> from
> Samuel Arnett of Halifax Co, VA Stokes record seems to indicate Arnett
> got
> this land for transporting Wm Webb Samuel Annatt of Hailfax Co.,
> Virginia, to
> William Webb part of a 450 acre survey on branch of Snow Creek in
> Stokes
> County, North Carolina. Vol. I, Stokes County Deeds at 371
> _http://mysite.verizon.net/vze2p5sj/childres/Childres%20Timeline.htm_
> (http://mysite.verizon.net/vze2p5sj/childres/Childres%20Timeline.htm)
> 1816 John Webb NLT 1795 Stokes Witness to will of
> Jonas Lawson. Abstract Wills of Stokes Co, NC. Vole 1-4 l790-1864 by
W.O.