WAYMAN-L Archives

Archiver > WAYMAN > 2009-12 > 1261944644

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [WAYMAN] Myers WAYMAN; Sunderland, England
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 20:10:44 -0000

Author: sm4rt1e268
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.wayman/182.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

David,

I've recently been carrying out some family research and I'm not sure whether I may be a 'descendant' of the Wayman family.

My grandmother was Elizabeth Smart (nee Wayman) and older members of my family tell me that her father was a councillor in the Sunderland area. There's more to this than meets the eye but there's also a link with the RAF. Michael Myers Wayman (DFC) was a Flt. Lt who died after his Mosquito fighter bomber crash landed in Suffolk after returning from a bombing run over Belgium in March 1943. He's buried in Sunderland and I've actually visited his grave. I have just a little more info about this but I'd love to be able to speak to your colleague to see whether we could possibly shed some light on each others family history.

Please get in touch.

Thank you.

Irwin Smart.

Important Note: