WATHURST-L Archives

Archiver > WATHURST > 2002-01 > 1010720565

From: "Kevin Boers" <>
Subject: [WATHURST-L] Thurstoneer certificates
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 19:42:45 -0800

Does anyone know what kind of proof is needed for the Certificate? My GGGrandfather RR Thornton (Richard R. Thornton) moved to Thurston County from Polk County, Oregon in 1869 with his wife Eliza Holcomb who later married Alexander Reynolds about 1873 and had 2 daughters by him. My Great Grandfather, Millard Thornton, married Phoebe Robbins in Olympia in 1885 in a double ceremony with her sister Amy Effiah Robbins (Effie) and James L. Longmire, Jr. at his house. The siblings and nephews & nieces of Phoebe Robbins married into the Sylvester, Longmire, Shincke, Dodge, Turner & Bickle families (all Pioneer families) before the turn of the century. I don't have much proof other then a newspaper article on Millard Thornton & his marriage certificate and some obituaries.

This thread: