WARWICK-L Archives

Archiver > WARWICK > 2006-01 > 1136814173

Subject: Re: [WAR] Addendum to Warwickshire District of Cotepon ?
Date: 09 Jan 2006 13:42:53 +0000

I think the problem with this entry is that the enumerator initially wrote
Do. (ditto), to indicate birth in Birmingham, but then overwrote this with
a birth place. So what one has to try to do is to subtract the Do. and see
what the other letters could be. Not easy. One possible guess is Couton
(that is Coughton) or Coton (that is, in Churchover).

David