WARWICK-L Archives

Archiver > WARWICK > 2003-04 > 1051168518

From: "Anne Paling" <>
Subject: Re: [WAR] SEARCHES, ACCESS AND COST - A BEGINNER'S VIEW
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 07:15:21 +0000

Hi Everyone!

I too have just been reading your comments about the difference in
certificates. In my experience they are "different". Obviously the
original data was the same but when copied thay can lose (or gain)
something.

Several years ago I obtained a typed copy of a Marriage Cert. from St.
Catherine's Hse ( as then was) showing a marriage in Bakewell and a witness
as J. Ann PIDCOCK. Last year someone kindly obtained a photocopy of this
marriage from Derbyshire Records. This revealed that the marriage actually
took place in Gt. Longstone in the Parish of Bakewell and that the J. Ann
PIDCOCK I had been puzzled over for years was actually Anne PIDCOCK, who I
knew to be the sister of the bride!

Nine times out of ten it probably doesn't matter but sometimes small details
can make all the difference.

Yours

Anne in Sheffield