WARWICK-L Archives

Archiver > WARWICK > 2003-04 > 1050361550

From: "Helen Verrall" <>
Subject: RE: [WAR] A warning and a request for help.
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 11:06:02 +1200

Ann
Hopefully someone with more computer knowledge than I, will have a
suggestion for accessing your old files.
There are several good programs available. LDS PAF is free and very
good and they keep updating the program as new operating systems become
available.
I use Family Tree Maker price reasonable and also updates are as
frequent as Windows operating systems.

tips about backing up information ,I was given sometime ago - were
a. Back up your files onto floppy or CD -
b. Save everything in Hard Copy as well!!!
c. Also save your main files as Gedcoms, then if updating your system ,
you find your Family Tree program, doesn't work, most programs will
open a Gedcom.

All the best

Helen
New Zealand