WANLESS-L Archives

Archiver > WANLESS > 2003-04 > 1050436024

From: "Tony Palmer" <>
Subject: Re: Jane WANDLESS
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 20:47:04 +0100

Dean/Holly,

Jane is in 1841 census without husband, but with Robert and Margery's
youngest daughter Phoebe. I didn't realise who Jane was when I first found
it so here is the full transcription. As eldest son (George?) is 4 it looks
like Holly's suggestion for the marriage is the right one.

HO107/299/05 f23 p40 Huddleston Street, Monkwearmouth Shore
Jane Watson 20 Shop Keeper Y
Ge[o?] Watson 4 Y
Margaret Watson 2 Y
Ann Watson 5 months Y
Phoebe Wanlas 10 Y

Cheers,

Tony

> She's in the Hartburn database, and we had nothing beyond her birth, so
> this is great news.
>
> Might be this Sunderland, Durham marriage:
> 17 Oct 1836 William Reed Watson = Jane Wandless
> although she would have been only 15 at the time.
>
> Was her parentage and birthdate and place ALL in the marriage record?
>
> Thanks so much,
> Holly

> Is anyone looking for a Jane WANDLESS b 1820, Monkwearmouth, dau of Robert
WANDLESS, hotel-keeper and Marjory (nee DODDS)?

> I have found a marriage entry in Christchurch, New Zealand:
>
> 11 September 1884 - Jane WATSON, widow, to Thos. THOMPSON, widower, at the
residence of Mr THOMPSON, Barbadoes St (Christchurch, New Zealand).

> Details not yet known about the previous marriage to WATSON (whether in NZ
or elsewhere) or when Jane arrived in NZ. Date of death also to be found.
> I will see what I can find. Please contact me if an ancestor.
>
> Cheers - Dean (Christchurch, NZ)

This thread: