WALKER-L Archives

Archiver > WALKER > 1997-11 > 0879284281

From: Joyce Howard <>
Subject: George & Thomas Walker 1730's Ireland>GA
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 16:38:01 -0500

I have been reading this group for a few months but this is my first post.
The Walkers are my husband's ancestors. I have entered all the info into
Family TreeMaker this past year and I'm trying to locate some of the other
lines of the family. Here's what I know:

Brothers George and Thomas Walker and their sister Mary and her husband
John Dallas immigrated from Ireland to America in the mid 1700's. Mary and
her husband settled in Delaware with his family. George and Thomas settled
near Brier Creek in Burke County, Georgia (south of Augusta). George is my
husband's gggg-grandfather. All the relatives from there on lived in
Georgia, some moving to Pulaski Co. in the early 1800's (which became
Bleckley Co. in 1913). Many of them are buried at the Walker family
cemetery in Bleckley Co.

My husband's great-grandfather was Dr. Thomas Duhart Walker II of Cochran,
GA. He was the town doctor for many years, mayor of Cochran, and state
legislature representative. We find no connection to the Dr. Thomas Walker
of Kentucky.

Are there any other Walkers online from these counties?

Joyce Howard