Archiver > WAGRAYSH > 2009-08 > 1250132978

From: ,
Subject: Re: [WAGRAYSH] Birger Mikil (Melkild)
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 03:09:38 -0000

Author: RBestrom7380
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

Message Board Post:

I checked the emigranter on the digitalarkivet, it includes those ports, but I didn't see him. http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/WebFront.exe?slag=vis&tekst=meldingar

I did not check the parish records for persons leaving the parish, also available above.

A good majority of Norwegians did use the transmigration system, Norway to Hull, then a carriage or rail to a major port such as Liverpool. I also found some that had taken passage to Denmark and sailed from there. A large percentage did sail thru Quebec versus a US port.

Important Note: