VanArsdale-L Archives

Archiver > VanArsdale > 1998-05 > 0894900678

From: Higley, Patricia< >
Subject: Re: [VanArsdale-L] Elizabeth Vanarsdale
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 08:31:18 -0700

Hi,
It sure looks like Isaac Vanausdale should fit in here. He was born 29 Feb
1816 in Licking CO., Ohio and married Lemira Johnson born 24 Feb 1822.
Isaac's father was also named Isaac born 5 Oct 1787 in Pa. He died
7 Nov 1872 in Licking Co. Ohio. He was married to Elizabeth Hays born
20 Sept 1791. There children are John, Susannah, Thomas, Charles,
Pollyann and Clarrisa Clare. I have that his father was Cornelius but
I am not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Pat

----------
> From: Charles Vanorsdale <>
> Subject: Re: [VanArsdale-L] Elizabeth Vanarsdale
> Date: Monday, May 11, 1998 7:48 AM
>
> I don't have anything to add on Elizabeth, per se; her father was
Cornelius
> Vannausdle (various spellings) who was the eldest son of Garret Van
> Arsdalen (1725-c.1783) and his second wife, Marya Dorland. Cornelius was
> part of a group of Van Arsdalens who moved from New Jersey to the
Conewago
> colony near present-day Gettysburg, PA.
>
> According to his Revolutionary War pension application, S4705, he was
> living near Shepherdstown, West Virginia from at least 1779 to about
1788.
> This was a Dutch offshoot colony of Conewago for the Dutch who wanted to
> move west but took their sweet time doing it. Then he moved back to PA in
> about 1788 (first Washington and then Green county) and appear in census
> records for several years, where he appears to have had 3 sons and a
> daughter.
>
> Two sons must have been Isaac and John; their wills are on file at the
Knox
> Co., OH courthouse (I have copies). A third son named Cornelius is not
> surprising, although I would have expected a son named Garret in honor of
> his father to have entered the picture somewhere.
>
> I do not have info on Cornelius' wife/Elizabeth's mother.
>
> If you need further info on her brothers Isaac and John or her paternal
> ancestry, please let me know. Good luck!
>
> Charles R. Vanorsdale
> ----------
> From: James Todd <>
> Subject: [VanArsdale-L] Elizabeth Vanarsdale
> Date: Sunday, May 10, 1998 3:00 PM
>
> We are looking for Elizabeth Vanarsdale, b. 11-21-1789, Green County,
PA.,
> d. May 16, 1866, Licking County, Ohio., she married John Dripps, Jr.
> September 19, 1805 in Green County, PA.
>
> Her father was Cornelius Vanarsdale born June 25, 1749, Somerset County
New
> Jersey, died October 23, 1847 in Knox County, Ohio. He married Susannah.
> There children were:
>
> Elizabeth
>
> Isaac
>
> John
>
> Cornelius
>
> Sincerely yours,
>
> Sarah Todd,

> JoAnn's Van Arsdale Research:
> http://www.familytreemaker.com/users/r/a/m/Jo-A-Ramseyer/index.html
> Linda Wright's Van Arsdale Cemetery Pictures:
> http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Flats/2428
> 1. Please remember to cite your sources
> and give credit where credit is due.
> 2. ROOTSWEB has made available an interactive search engine
> for messages posted in the Mailing Lists. It is located at:
> http://searches.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/listsearch.pl
> Or try: http://cgi.rootsweb.com/~usgwqury/qindex.html
> 3. Roots Surname List, including 351,475 surnames
> submitted by 48,637 researchers, can be searched at RootsWeb:
> http://www.rootsweb.com/

This thread: