VINAL-L Archives

Archiver > VINAL > 2008-05 > 1212023656

From: ,
Subject: Re: [VINAL] Vinal coat of arms
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 01:14:16 -0000

Author: vinalfamily
Surnames: Vinal
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.vinal/27.31.32.33.35.36.3/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

The copy of the Shield that I have is gold on the upper part, and black on the lower. The Lion above the shield has a ball in his mouth where the other animals have a red tongue. here is the description I have from my Great Grandfather (Capt Bill Vinal) in what he gathered in his research.
The Grant of Arms was gained in 1657. There are 3 lions, thier crest a Demi-lion rampant, erased sable, holding in his mouth a begant or alternatively "bezant"? there is also mention of the symbolism of the direction the animals are facing and of the color silver in the shield which I cannot see. Hope this helps. If anyone has a picture of the coat of arms that shows the silver I would be interested in seeing it.

Phil Vinal

Important Note: