VICKERS-L Archives

Archiver > VICKERS > 2007-07 > 1183681041

From: "Balloon Expedition Co." <>
Subject: Re: [VICKERS] Fwd: Anyone with a PAF or Legacy File?
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 12:17:21 +1200

What frustrates we who are researching on the other side of the "pond" ie
United Kingdom is trying to connect some of the US families through to our
families when your research ends with - "arrived in America" and it seems as
if many are unable to connect with the English part of the family

I have several "they went to America" - which of course often meant Canada
through anecdotal family stories. Several of our Derbyshire,
Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire VICKERS "went to America -
so far I have only been able to trace a Hannah Vickers who married a Sidney
MITCHELL and went (c 1912) to Swift Current to connect with other VICKERS
in Moose Jaw Saskatoon Regina etc Saskatchewan . MITCHELL left Hannah and
the children and apparently went to Deadwood as a sherriff

One assumes that the VICKERS that were in Saskatchewan (and I think
Ontario)were connected through Hannahs father James VICKERS of Brinsley
Derbyshire/Notts border (f WilliamVICKERSof Heage (m Elizabeth
Papplewick) )

Anyone who can shed any light or break through brick walls would be
appreciated

regards
Dianne McKee
Auckland