VAWISE-L Archives

Archiver > VAWISE > 2000-07 > 0964919120

From: "Judi" <>
Subject: Re: [VAWISE] 1900 Wise Co. census..
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 21:05:20 -0400

I have seen a lot of names go thru this list, but mine have not yet. I am
desperately searching for information on Rev. William McCown, born
1814-1817, in either Wise or Scott Co. VA. and died 1890 in Floyd Co KY. He
was married to Jemima Osborne, d/o Sherwood Osborne and Louisa Collier. The
first I can find William is in 1939 in Kentucky, with his marriage
certificate. Jemima and her family came from Virginia, and William stated
in the census that he was born in VA. I am decended from William and
Jemima's son, John Wesley McCown.

Also, I am looking for any information on Venetta, or Fimetta, Gibson. She
was married to Oliver Anderson. Oliver was born in TX, and married Venetta
in VA. When she died, he married Lizzie Gibson, in 1910. Lizzie was the
daughter of Martha Gibson, This is from her marriage record to Oliver.
Her father was not listed. she was divorced before this marriage. They
were from Norton. I am decended from the youngest son of Oliver and Venetta,
Carl Robert Anderson.

Last but not the least of my brick walls, is James H. Compton. He was
married to Jamey "Amy" Anna Claypool. They are listed in the 1860 Russell
Co Census, with their children. James seems to have appeared from out of
the blue, as I can find no record of him. I have information on Jame and
her ancesors. I am decended from their daughter, Charity Compton.

Thank you in advance for any information you may have and if I have any
information anyone needs, please, just ask, I will be glad to share.
Judi
Get paid to surf the web. Just go to
http://www.alladvantage.com/home.asp?refid=EDO746
and please use my membership ID EDO-746

Doing Genealogy research on the names
Anderson(VA,KY, TX ), Blair(VA,KY), Bryant(GA,AL), Claypool(VA),
Compton(VA,KS,KY), Doyle(GA, AK), Gibson(VA), Hurst(VA), McCown(VA,KY),
Murphy(GA,TN),Osborne(VA,KY), Parker(GA,TN),and Smith(GA,TN) .

See some of my family at http://judi-m.tripod.com

Also doing research on surnames Martin, Godsey,
Burke, Grant, King and Lay (from Wayne and McCreary Co. KY)