VASTAFFO-L Archives

Archiver > VASTAFFO > 2000-01 > 0949266020

From: <>
Subject: Re: [VASTAFFO-L] Stafford Co. Deed and Will Abstracts
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 16:00:20 EST

Sarah Withers Keesee. Have your Stafford County order packaged awaiting your
call tomorrow [we are getting a wet mixture of snow and rain at this time 4
pm]. The purpose of my writing is to transmit an interesting entry regarding
HOOE, FOSAKER and WITHERS in the 1699-1709 Stafford County Deed & Will book
page 12.
February 19th 1699/1700. Know all men by these presents that I RICE HOE
of County of Stafford, Gent., who intermarried with the Widow and Relict of
Capt. JOHN WITHERS, deceased, have clearly discharged Capt. RICHARD FOSSAKER
who inter-married with the Executor's Daughter of said WITHERS, all claims
which I may have to sums of money in England or in this Colony which shall be
due to me as marrying the Widow and Relict of the said WITHERS deced., to
whom the third part of all money in England was due. {My Wife, who was
formerly the Widow of FRANCIS DADE} Rice Hoe There are a couple more
related items following as you will learn when your books arrive. There also
is a Will of William Withers in this book his Will made 8th May 1703 and
recorded in August 1703.
Sam Sparacio

This thread: