VANATTA-L Archives

Archiver > VANATTA > 2006-02 > 1140028937

Subject: Re: related
Date: 15 Feb 2006 11:42:17 -0700

Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/an/TCUBAIB/124.145.159.161.2

Message Board Post:

There is a Catherine Fletcher, born about 1815, in the 1850 census for West Milford, NJ married to a Horace Flercher. I think Catherine is John's sister. Living adjacent to the Fletcher's and their children Horace, Harman, Adam, John, Jonathan, and Benjamin are Harman "Phanatter," and John "Phanatter". John and his wife Elizabeth Harty "Phanatter," and their children William H . George, Harman, Horace, Margaret, John, and Peter. Harman and his wife Margaret, I think are Catherine and John's parents. Living with them areRobert and John Harty. I am descended from Robert Phanatter. This is the only census where the name is spelled this way. Harman is listed as Van Etten until 1850. In later years, the nam is spelled Van Atter, Vanater, Vannatta, etc.
Charlie

This thread: