VAMECKLE-L Archives

Archiver > VAMECKLE > 2008-10 > 1224904320

From: "Beverly" <>
Subject: [VAMECKLE] Willliam Vaughn, Senior
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 23:12:00 -0400

William Vaughn Senior was found in the 1820 census of Pittsylvania County,
Virginia. His age was age 45 or more, which places his birth date 1775 or
before.
He lived two doors from William Vaughn Junior who married Mary "Polly" Smith
on 04 January 1811 in Mecklenburg County, Virginia.
I hit a brick wall trying to find more about William Vaughan Senior and his
ancestors.

At Ancestry.com there are several Family Trees that list William Vaughn,
born abt 1770 in Mecklenburg County, VA. He was the son of James Vaughn
(1740-1796) and Polly Mary Green (1744- ). James Vaughan was the son of
William T. Vaughn and Mildred Smith of Mecklenburg County.
I am hoping someone in Mecklenburg County has researched this Vaughn line
and can help me! Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Beverly

This thread: