VALANCAS-L Archives

Archiver > VALANCAS > 2006-02 > 1139967702

From: Craig Kilby <>
Subject: Re: [[VALANCAS]] My Lancaster Surnames
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 20:41:42 -0500

I am a genealogist living in Lancaster County, VA and my current project is
land title history of a property in Litwalton, White Chapel District near
the Richmond County line. I have definitely had to search records in both
counties, as the client wants history of the families as well who owned the
place.

The names of owners that have come up so far:

Brewer (1956 - present)
Payne (1948-1856)
McMinn (1947-1948)
Evans & Bass (heirs of Jennie Ficklin) 1943-1947
Ficklin (1869-1943) Orginally from Richmond County
Mitchell ( before 1841 - 1869)

Other names that spring to mind associated with this:

Tapscott
Downman

There are of course others who married in but this is a start.

Craig Kilby
Lancaster, VA