VAHALIFA-L Archives

Archiver > VAHALIFA > 2006-09 > 1159462188

From: Martha Waggoner <>
Subject: Re: [VAHALIFA] Virginia Marriages 1740-1850
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 09:49:48 -0700 (PDT)

Karen,

You can send a written request to the courthouse in Halifax co., VA and they will send a copy of the actual marriage bond. I have a copy of my Great Grandparents' bond from 1818 in Halifax Co., also. I found the employees at the courthouse helpful and friendly. They have someone who comes in each week to copy documents which have been requested.

Martha

Karen <> wrote:
Thank you so very much Sandy. It was great to see who the Bondsman were.
Her fathers name was Joseph and maybe Henry was a brother or uncle. She
named her first daughter (after the birth of two sons) Henrietta, probably
after this Henry. Funny thing though even though her fathers name was
Joseph, none of her seven children (5 boys + 2 daughters) were ever named
Joseph.

Thank you again Sandy.
Karen in Fl