VAHALIFA-L Archives

Archiver > VAHALIFA > 2006-09 > 1159375453

From: "Karen" <>
Subject: [VAHALIFA] Virginia Marriages 1740-1850
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 12:44:13 -0400

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to get a marriage record that was found
through Ancestry for the year 1818? If not, do you know anyone that would
have access to them that could do a look up and write down what it says for
them? Does your library or court house have access to these records?

According to Ancestry.com it says: Virginia Marriages, 1740-1850 (database
online) Provo, UT, USA, MyFamily.com, Inc. 1999, Original data: Dodd, Jordan
R., et al..Early American Marriages; Virginia to 1850 Bountiful, UT, USA,
Precision Indexing Publishers.

This shows my ancestor George Boyd married to Mary Haley, April 18, 1818
Halifax Co., VA

I'm new to the list, so don't know if this is the right place to ask all
this. Let me know.

Karen

"We sit under trees we did not plant, we plant trees under which we will
never sit. One generation plants trees, the next enjoys the shade!"

This thread: