VAFRANKL-L Archives

Archiver > VAFRANKL > 2003-07 > 1059533884

Subject: Re: [VAFRANKL] Moores from Franklin County, VA
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 22:58:04 EDT

Jeff,
The can of worms is open at last!

I believe 1850 Joseph (34 yrs) to be the son of widowed Dorcas Moore (60
yrs.), who is likely Dorcas Moseley d/o Mordecai and Rebecca Moseley. Also a
sister of Salley Moseley who m. Starling Thornton(!)

I suspect (no proof yet) this Dorcas is the same person as "Doda" Moore who
m. John Moore in Franklin County.
Joseph is also possibly a brother of Rodham Moore who m. Mary or Mary Ann
Young.
Joseph and Rodham might be brothers of my ggg-grandpa William M. Moore who m.
Nancy Taylor (perhaps Amherst Co.) parents of Alexander J. Moore who was
father of John Peter Moore , my g-grandpa.

All this is speculative, but there is information in the current issue of
News from Thornton Mountain about the relation and proximity of the Moore and
Thornton families from Thornton Moutain...

Wish I could find some evidence linking Doda and Dorcas as same person, but
not yet...

It seems to want to fit, but I've not made much of it. This would make my
Moore clan (very sketchy so far) close marrying kin to my Thornton and Ramsey
families. Which would not be surprising back then....

If anyone can shoot it down, at least I'll know for certain, but that's my
theory so far...
Ready, Aim, Fire!

Peter Ramsey

This thread: