VACUMBER-L ArchivesArchiver > VACUMBER > 2010-08 > 1283003636
Subject: Re: [VACUMBER] Wright
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 13:53:56 -0000
This is a Message Board Post that is gatewayed to this mailing list.
Message Board URL:
Message Board Post:
While I do not have a certain identification for you, my records suggest that Nancy (Anglea) Wright was probably the wife of 1803 (year of death) John Wright of Cumberland County, VA, (place of death). 1803 John Wright of Cumberland County, VA, was a son of 1770 John Wright of Cumberland County, VA, and Elizabeth (possibly Shephard) Wright and grandson of 1769 George Wright of Essex County, VA, and Elizabeth (_____) Wright.
1803 John Wright of Cumberland County, VA, was born before Dec 1752, resided in Cumberland County, VA, from at least 1772 (and probably from birth) until his death in 1803, and had the following children:
1. Saymer or Saymour Wright, born between 1771 & 1784,
2. Abraham S. Wright, born after Nov 1784 & before 1790,
3. John Wright, born after Nov 1784 & before Sep 16, 1787,,
4. Emily (Wright) (Darnell) Sneed, born in 1793,
5. George Wright, born after Nov 1784 & before Dec 28, 1789,
6. Fanny Wright, born after Nov 1784,
7. William Wright, born after Nov 1784 & before Nov 17, 1791, and
8. Eliza or Elizabeth (Wright) (Donald) Darnell, born on Jun 10, 1795.
The land of 1803 John Wright of Cumberland County, VA, was located on the waters of Angola Creek.
The dates of residence of John in Cumberland County, the name of his wife as Nancy, the probable age of Nancy indicated in William Anglea's will, the dates of birth of the children, and the location of John's land in Cumberland all indicate that Nancy, the wife of 1803 John Wright, was probably Nancy (Anglea) Wright.
After 1803 John Wright's death, Nancy married _____ Dodson.
Robert N. Grant
15 Campo Bello Court
Menlo Park, CA 94025
The author of this message may not be subscribed to this list. If you would like to reply to them, please click on the Message Board URL link above and respond on the board.