VACRICHM-L Archives

Archiver > VACRICHM > 2007-04 > 1176655198

Subject: [VACRICHM] LOWERY, FOWLKES, CARTER, HILL, MCGRUDER, MAXEY & more
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 16:39:58 +0000

Hi allm
I am trying to find anyone related to the listed families in the subject line.

I am looking for the descendants of my Grandfather Hiram Lee CARTER's sister, Mary Florence CARTER 1857-1916, who married to John W. LOWERY they being of Amelia County.
Now, John and Maary called "Mollie" had 4 children, all of whom moved to Richmond city.

1. Mary Elsie LOWERY 1887-1956, she married 1st to Daniel W. FOWLKES, their children;
Nannie L.(md. twice, Clarence Hill & Raymond Cavedo), Pearl Florence(md. George Douglas McGruder), Annie Mae(md. Clarence Malcolm Adams), Elsie Ray(md. Frank Campodonico), Zela L.(did not marry), Maud Lee(md. Lafayette G. Maxey) and Louise FOWLKES(md. Robert Clifton Mathews).

2. Maude Leonard LOWERY 1891-1986, she married to Frederick William Tanner and they had 1 daughter;
Virginia Tanner.

3. Pigie Leo LOWERY 1894-1932, Pigie was married thrice,
1st to Robert B. Cochran, they had 1 daughter, Emma Lee Cochran.
2nd to William C. Leonard and 3rd to John S. Boston.
no children with the last two gentlemen

4. William Page LOWERY b. 1898, died yet unknown,
he married twice,
1st to Elizabeth and they had 1 son, William Page Lowery, Jr.,
2nd to Pearl, they had no children.

Mollie & John's 4 children were alll first cousins of my late Grandma Roberta Lee Carter Vaughan called "Bertie."

If you are related to any of the people I mentioned please e-mailme.

Also, I have some more information on this family to share with cousins.

God bless,
Beth

This thread: