USA-Naturalizations-L Archives

Archiver > USA-Naturalizations > 2003-03 > 1047963221

From: "Bill Churchill" <>
Subject: RE: [USA-Nat] Boston Naturalizations
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 22:53:41 -0600

Fritz,

You said:

"Women had very little reason to become naturalized, due to their
inability to own land and vote in the 19th century (at least where my
immigrant ancestors settled)."

I though that between 1790 to 1922, wives of naturalized men
automatically became citizens. Is that not true?

Where did your immigrant ancestors settle?

Regards,
Bill Churchill
USA