USA-Naturalizations-L Archives

Archiver > USA-Naturalizations > 2003-03 > 1047918496

From: "Gary Cantrell" <>
Subject: [USA-Nat] Boston Naturaliztions
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 09:28:16 -0700

I'm new at naturalization records, so hope someone can help direct me on where to start. I'm looking for naturalization records for several ancestors who moved to Boston in the 1890s from Newfoundland & Cape Breton, as well as others from Ireland in 1875. They were Irish and lived in South Boston, Dorchester, Cambridge & later Lexington. Here are some questions I need help with:

1.About how long after immigrating did most people apply to be naturalized?
2.How do I know where my ancestors would have applied for naturalization?
3.What offices in Boston do I contact to find the records for these people?

Thanks for any suggestions!
Eileen Cantrell
Mesa, Arizona

This thread: