US-SHIPSLISTS-POST1820-L ArchivesArchiver > US-SHIPSLISTS-POST1820 > 2006-07 > 1153071786
Subject: Directions for unsubscribing...
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 13:43:16 EDT
It looks to be that some of you might need some assistance with unsubscribing.
Here is a free copy of the free set of directions sent to us from the list
moderators which all of us have at one time received:
1. How to unsubscribe. Send a message to
that contains (in the body of the message) the command
and no additional text.
2. How to subscribe. Whatever you just did worked, or you'd
not be getting this message. But for future reference (for instance,
if your subscription is cancelled for whatever reason and you
want to resubscribe), just send the command "subscribe" to
3. How to change to digest mode (several postings are combined and
sent to you together as a single large message). There are two
steps. First, send the command "unsubscribe" to
to discontinue mail mode.
send the command "subscribe" to
to start receiving digests.
4. How to change to NOMAIL mode. There is no formal NOMAIL mode.
All you have to do is follow the directions above and unsubscribe
when you want the messages to stop, and then when you want them
to start again, simply subscribe again.
5. If you'd like to post a message so everyone on the mailing
list receives it, just send it to . It
will then be sent on to everyone in both mail and digest mode.
You don't need to send it explicitly to both.
6. To contact the administrator of this mailing list, send mail to