URBAN-L Archives

Archiver > URBAN > 2000-11 > 0973285231

From: Gary Urban <>
Subject: RE: [URBAN] Testing
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 13:00:31 -0800

Don't worry about it... Your quite right. My family immigrated from Hess
around 1840 we think. earliest census we have found is in I think 1890.
Lived in German communities in South Texas around Goliad. So much
destroyed during the Civil war and the scattering of families only a few
church records have survived.

Gary Urban

On Friday, November 03, 2000 12:26 PM, mmepotts [SMTP:]
wrote:
> I am so sorry! I just re read my response and it doesn't seem to have
come across
> as the lighthearted fun that I meant it to. I guess I will have to save
joking
> and teasing for face to face, when one can see the nuances and hear the
laughter.
> Sorry I didn't mean to sound so mean and pompous.
> Grins,
> Kaye
>
> mmepotts wrote:
>
> > > Urban, I have found out, is a very common name like Smith
> > > and Jones. I grew up thinking that Urban was a very uncommon name.
Unique,
> > > in fact. But in my research, I have not been able to get past my
> > > grandparents, Henry and Anne (Kestner) Urban.
> >
> > Hi, I couldn't help but giggle a little at your response. I do
understand what
> > you were saying but... I guess you haven't tried doing a Smith or a
Johnson!
> > Hee hee. Sorry just a little tease! Give me my Urban research any
time! My
> > Johnsons and Mullins have me insane! There must be a million to every
Urban.